Welcome to The Reduce Your Golf Handicap Blog - read my introduction

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Monty Gets Captain's Call.


Well, after yesterday's post I would have lost my money!
After tipping Jose Maria Olazabal for the European Ryder Cup captaincy, Colin Montgomerie romps it. And I mean romps it, because according to Thomas Bjorn, the chairman of the tournament committee, no vote was needed. It was a unanimous decision. I'm a little surprised at the decision because it was widely expected that Monty would be captain in 2014 when the Ryder Cup will be played in Scotland. But I think he will be an excellent captain, as everyone knows Monty comes alive in the Ryder Cup.
As for Olazabal, Monty has already said he will be one of his assistants, and I'm sure the pair of them, along with whoever else they draft in to help, will do a sterling job in their attempt to win back the Ryder Cup from the USA in 2010.

0 comments:

 
Template Pyzam.com