Welcome to The Reduce Your Golf Handicap Blog - read my introduction

Monday, February 23, 2009

European Tour Has New Youngest Winner.

New Zealand teenager and amateur golfer, Danny Lee, made history yesterday when winning the Johnnie Walker Classic in Perth to become the European Tour's youngest winner.

The Kiwi kid was two shots off the pace going into the last round and went ahead to birdie four of his last six holes for a 67 and 271 total to win by a stroke at The Vines.

At 18 years and 213 days, Danny is 77 days younger than South African Dale Hayes when he won the 1971 Spanish Open.

Lee said "It still feels like I am in dreamland. Hopefully no one wakes me up. But I played really well the last few days and it's pretty amazing what I've done - winning a European Tour event."

The youngster, who also won last year's Western Amateur title, is all set to turn professional after this year's US Masters in April.

0 comments:

 
Template Pyzam.com