Welcome to The Reduce Your Golf Handicap Blog - read my introduction

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Looking For a Utility Club.


After playing on Sunday, and struggling a bit with my long irons, I've decided to have a look at some utility clubs. It's something I've been thinking about for a while but still can't seem to make my mind up.

Most of my mates have at least one utility club, also called a hybrid, or a rescue club, and all say they are a great investment. But I'm still not convinced. I have had the occasional shot with one of these clubs, but never really felt comfortable with it. Maybe it's just a case of using it on a more regular basis, and getting a feel for it.

So off I went to my local store in search of a utility club that would suit me. First thing to strike me was the choice available. Most of the major club manufactures have many of these clubs on the market. Different lofts, different shafts, clubs that replace 3, 4 or 5 irons. The list is endless.

I've decided I want one club that will maybe take the place of both the 3 and 4 iron. I ask one of the friendly assistants ( don't know whether they are all qualified instructors or not ) and eventually I have three clubs that I can take to the driving range and try out.

After about an hour on the range I'm still not convinced that one of these clubs will be any better ( for me ) than the long irons. So back into the store to check out the prices, and am pleasantly surprised to find that the club I felt most comfortable with was the cheapest of the three I'd selected.

So I decide to go home and do a bit of research on the internet and see if he prices are any better with some of the on-line golf stores. I have used these stores in the past and a couple I liked and would recommend are
Online Golf.

Golfonline

These companies are very good on price, and I would also say their customer service is excellent, but always try and test the clubs you are interested in first. Don't buy blind, even though the price might be tempting. Test drive the clubs first and then you are sure that what you are buying is good for you.

Anyway, I still haven't bought a utility club, but I'm sure I will in the future. When I have found one that I'm happy with.

0 comments:

 
Template Pyzam.com